Reduce the saturation of a color
Amount to De-saturate: 0%
HSL color values are supported in IE9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera 10+.
HSL stands for hue, saturation, and lightness.
HSL color values are specified with:
hsl(hue, saturation, lightness).
Hue is a number that ranges from 0 to 360 on the color wheel. 0 represents red, 120 represents green, and 240 represents blue.
Saturation is expressed as a percentage. A shade of gray is 0 percent, while a full color is 100 percent.
The percentage of lightness is likewise a percentage. 0% of the population is black, whereas 100% of the population is white.
Desaturate Color is a free online tool that allows you to de-saturate color and get results in RGB, HEX, HSL, or HSV.
- In the textbox above, type a color value in any format (RGB, HEX, RGBA, HSL, HSV, etc.)
- Alternatively, you can choose your color using the color picker.
- Or, to receive a new random color, click Get a random color.
- Use the slider to select the degree of de-saturation (in percent) for the specified color.
- The value of a de-saturated color will be automatically changed in various formats.
- Copy the value of the de-saturated color in HEX, RGB, HSL, or HSV by clicking on it.
- The value will be copied to the clipboard.
- You can manually copy values to the clipboard if your browser does not enable transferring values to the clipboard via script.