Get lighter shades of the color
Amount to Lighten: 0%
HSL color values are supported in IE9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera 10+.
HSL stands for hue, saturation, and lightness.
HSL color values are specified with:
hsl(hue, saturation, lightness).
Hue is a number that ranges from 0 to 360 on the color wheel. 0 represents red, 120 represents green, and 240 represents blue.
Saturation is expressed as a percentage. A shade of gray is 0 percent, while a full color is 100 percent.
The percentage of lightness is likewise a percentage. 0% of the population is black, whereas 100% of the population is white.
Lighten Color is a free online tool that may be used to lighten color and provide results in RGB, HEX, HSL, or HSV.
- In the textbox above, type a color value in any format (RGB, HEX, RGBA, HSL, HSV, etc.)
- Alternatively, you can choose your color using the color picker.
- Or, to receive a new random color, click Get a random color.
- Use the slider to select the amount of lightening (in percent) for the provided hue.
- The value of the lightened color will be immediately adjusted in various formats.
- Copy the value of the lightened color in HEX, RGB, HSL, or HSV by clicking it.
- The value will be copied to your clipboard straight.
- You can manually copy values to the clipboard if your browser does not enable transferring values to the clipboard via script.